Friday, August 27, 2010

Egg-sicles for Everyone! 8-27-10

Sorry if the picture is low quality; I uploaded it from my cell phone. I don't have a digital camera.

Hey, guys, this is my egg blog for Seeing Sideways.

I had been thinking about what I couldn't do with it.

1. I couldn't just draw on the egg, because like Beth said, it was unoriginal and had been done previous times before.
2. I couldn't incubate the egg, because I didn't have the hand puppet that animal professionals use to feed the chick.
3. I couldn't cook or eat the egg, because it was unpasteurized and also because of the current salmonella scare.
4. I couldn't pour laundry detergent on the egg, because it had been done before.
5. Throwing the egg against anything and smashing it is a sign of giving up. It has also been done before by a very angry individual.
6. Sketching the egg is too simple and would've taken 5 minutes, including shading.
7. Designing characters around the egg had been done before(see Dr. Eggman/Robotnik from the Sonic the Hedgehog series)

So I decided to freeze the egg. I left the egg in the freezer for about 3 days and then took it out today. I couldn't open it conventionally, so I had to use a serrated knife to cut it open. The yolk was completely frozen. Then I took a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment