Monday, October 25, 2010

Response to the 10-25-10 Class

In today's class, we discussed our "You Call It" blogs. Mine involved a haunted house using AVL technology. There was a special blog that caught my attention: Dara Berry's blog. She was actually worried about showing people her work because she thought that it wasn't good enough. She was told that she SHOULD show it to other people so that she would make her work better. I have that same fear of critique, because I'm worried that employers wouldn't like my work either. I brought up Will Eisner's advice to "do comics for yourself". "Do what you do for yourself", but how is that possible if employers expect you to do what they tell you? Mrs. Lykins said: "I don't know because I can't do it right." She also said "Talent only takes you so far" and showed us her site Spyro Terra as an example of a portfolio. We then had an activity in which Sean randomly chose a person using a question: "Best Movie Ever?"...I can't really remember the specifics.

Beth also showed us a collection of bizarre publications. I didn't know whether they were parody or not. So she had us talk to two certain individuals and tell what we thought those publications were.

No comments:

Post a Comment