Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bliss 11-7-10

Saturday November 6th 2010
from 12:21am-3:30am

My three hour block involved me drawing in one of my sketchbooks. I drew four pages. Each page has at least one original character on it. I have drawn original "cartoon/anime" characters over the years. I decided to redraw a couple of them to see how they look with my current drawing skills. I have to say, I've improved a lot since about 7-8 years ago, since most of my old drawings are from that time period. I hope to get a job within New Media that involves drawing, so that kinda added to my practice.

I know that it's way too late to do a three hour block, but I'm kept busy most of the day by my parents, my sister, my pets, and my "addiction" to my computer(which needs a new laptop battery REALLY SOON). Sometimes, I do end up working on other assignments from other classes. Also, I have this habit of staying up on weekends and on break, sometimes to absurd hours, unless I'm going somewhere. I don't usually draw that much during school time, but now that I did this "assignment", I think I'll be more willing to at least put aside time to do so, or at least try.

I thought that having a "bliss time" is kinda relaxing to the mind and body, and there is little stress. Though I'll admit, I surf the web most of the time, so I guess that counts as my "bliss time" too. Surfing the web counts as "playing" in my book...but so would playing video games, but I didn't use three hours of that as my "class time", because video games aren't usually "productive".

I think we should all take SOME time to do what we want more often.

No, I'm not trying to cancel class more often. I meant, in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment