Monday, November 1, 2010

Reaction to 11-01-10 Class

For this blog, I had to answer the following questions about the "skip day" we had today.

What is your initial reaction to having a professor essentially assign a skip day?

+I was actually quite surprised that the professor actually assigned a "skip" day, because I hadn't expected to have a "skip" day today. I was also very happy that I got to go home early that day.

Is it really a skip day?
+I'm not sure if this counts as a "skip" day, per se. Sure, on one hand, we do get to have a break from having class in the classroom, but on the other hand, we still have to post a blog and we still have to come up with a final project idea. The other problem is that I'm not sure about whether the three hour block has to be constructive or just "fun". I understand that I could do WHATEVER, but now I want to reflect on whether I'm too hard on myself by asking all these questions about parameters of an assignment and what not.

Is this a good idea in your opinion? Do you feel disrupted? Were you planning to skip today anyway?
+This might be a good idea to take a break once in a while, though it was kinda unexpected as I stated, so it was a bit disruptive at first. I wasn't planning on skipping class, because I know that attendance is almost always mandatory unless there is inclement weather or school-mandated break.

No comments:

Post a Comment