Monday, November 15, 2010

Response to 11-15-10 class

Today, we discussed our identity projects. They ranged from something simple as a speed drawing to a customized Rubik's Cube. The one to which I responded the most was John Hester's identity project, because it's linked to video games, which I like very much. I disagree with his preference for playing as the bad guy in certain sandbox video games, because I don't like playing as criminal scumbags. Except for maybe Wario.

We also discussed anonymity in the internet, altruism, and how text can actually be scary. Some of the students said that imagination makes text scary, but I'm a follower of the mantra "A picture is worth a thousand words", which is why I'd connect most with Kathryn Thacker, because she's also an artist.

At the end of the lecture, we were assigned an Inspiration Round Robin, where we have to make something out of someone else's source of inspiration, and then inspire someone else to make something. Hopefully, I can do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment